Friday, March 25, 2016

Regency Weekend outfits

In October I attended a private Regency "couples" Weekend in Baltimore.  I had long wanted to make the Queen Louise of Prussia spencer, so I did that paired with a bib front day dress out of Swiss dot, and a cranberry velvet bonnet and matching reticule.




(worn again to a Regency tea later in the Fall)


Some have said that Swiss dot fabric wasn't used for dresses in the Regency era, but I don't know... these look Swiss dot-ish to me:



I also made a court dress and train.  Dress is a lovely pre-embellished bridal fabric:



 Hem of fabric was scalloped, embroidered and beaded.  That was lucky!!

My husband had nothing to wear, so I made him a shirt, vest, and wool tailcoat


Pants from Gentleman's Emporium and boots from Shoebuy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment