Sunday, March 31, 2013

Is it possible I haven't posted in a year??  I don't believe it!

Using the Truly Victorian early Edwardian patterns, I made this 1903-ish evening gown and corset (corset under gown ;) ) from black sequined net over black taffeta



I made a fun 1890s day suit for a Mad Hatter's Tea by combining the Truly Victorian 1880s riding habit bodice front, Truly Victorian 1885 curiass bodice back, and  the sleeves and skirt from Simplicity 4156 with a harlequin print cotton:

Here's my inspiration:


I made a 1920s day dress for the NY Jazz Age Picnic - self drafted using graphic black and white cotton and red piping.




A regency outfit using the Sense and Sensibility wrap bodice gown pattern and the Timely Tresses Virginia bonnet pattern

An early bustle outfit using Truly Victorian patterns.  Still have to trim that skirt!


A Regency chemisette using the Simplicity 4052 pattern


A regency evening gown from the Sense and Sensibility Regency gown pattern of dusty purple satin and black net with silver beads and sequins


bodice detail of silver metallic sequin braid trim


For the Francaise Dinner this year, I wore the same black brocade sacque dress, but I added new mitts and a muff!  I also made muffs for my friends.  Muff pattern from Stephanie Pool, mitts pattern by Mantua Maker (and adjusted to fit my little wrists).


Here are all three muffs I made; Photo courtesy of http://inthelongrun.wordpress.com/



Here's a detail of my "portrait" muff.  I used dark fabric photo transfer paper as advised my a fellow costumer, ironed it onto my fabric, and sewed trim around to hide the edges



An Elizabethan partlet from a pattern shared by http://www.festiveattyre.com/


For the Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit at the Franklin Institute in March, I made a 1912 suit from the Wingeo #410 suit jacket and skirt from the Butterick B4092 from gabardine and cotton velvet.  the suit jacket was VERY square and ill fitting.  The recommended size was several sizes too big in the shoulders, bust, and waist.  I also clipped down the lapel which went past my armcseye.  I added cuffs and made the jacket front a "cutaway" style popular at the time.




I think that's it so far since I last posted.  Apologies to anyone still watching this blog!  I promise to be better about keeping it up.





10 comments:

  1. What wonderful clothes! I always fall in love with everything you make, you have a great talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megan! That is so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is gorgeous, but particularly that regency dress - and that's saying something, as I don't normally get excited about that era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! I feel so fuzzy now! :)

      Delete
  4. You're incredibly productive. Love that harlekin 1890s costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The harlequin dress is so much fun to wear!

      Delete
  5. Dear, can you remember which TV patterns you used for that stunning edwardian dress? Actually I can't find gowns on their page. Or did you use something else?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anny, thank you! I did use TV patterns. Sorry I should have listed them! http://www.trulyvictorian.net/tvxcart/home.php?cat=14

    I used TVE21 and TVE41. I just altered the bodice to be evening instead of day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAhhhhhh....your most fabulous outfits....You, my dear, are a costuming genius!!!

    ReplyDelete